Whenever I travel outside of San Antonio, I most enjoy returning home to breakfast tacos. Those who live here get it. Those who don’t live here don’t know what they’re missing. Breakfast tacos are definitely one of God’s gifts to humankind.
San Antonio, Texas, is not only the capital of Tex-Mex cuisine, but it is the undisputed capital of breakfast tacos. We have an embarrassment of riches. Corn or flour tortillas? Eggs or not? Potatoes? Bacon, ham or sausage? With or without cheese? Barbacoa? Guacamole? So many options.
Personally, I find a migas taco with cheese on a corn tortilla and the perfect amount of salsa quemada a life-affirming experience.
Here are my Top Ten Breakfast Taco picks in alpha order for the Alamo City. What are yours? Please leave your recommendations in the comment box below. ¡Viva San Antonio!
- San Antonio Tourist: Blue Moon
- San Antonio Tourist: El Milagrito
- San Antonio Tourist: Mendez Cafe
- San Antonio Tourist: Panchito’s Mexican Restaurant
- San Antonio Tourist: Paulina’s Mexican Restaurant
- San Antonio Tourist: Pete’s Tako House
- San Antonio Tourist: Taco Cabana
- San Antonio Tourist: Taco Garage
- San Antonio Tourist: Taco Taco
- San Antonio Tourist: Teka Molino
For even more ideas of fun things to do and see in San Antonio, visit Barnes & Noble, The Twig, Whole Foods, Half Price Books on Broadway, Costco, Sam’s and Hudson News to purchase “100 Things To Do in San Antonio Before You Die” by yours truly. ¡Viva San Antonio!