Choosing just 10 things to do in the Alamo City over Spring Break is a challenge! I’ve given it my best, though. Please leave your suggestions in the comments below. ¡Viva San Antonio!
- Mission Reach One of only 23 UNESCO World Heritage Sites in the United States, and the ONLY one in Texas.
- San Antonio Zoo and Aquarium I’m a sucker for the Golden Lion Tamarin monkeys.
- Flea Mart I’m also a sucker for flea markets and thrift stores. What treasures will you find?
- Breakfast Tacos Nothing wrong with having breakfast tacos for breakfast AND lunch.
- Toilet Seat Art Museum It’s not a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Yet.
- St. Patrick’s Day Greening of the River and Parade Enjoy being Irish for a weekend.
- San Antonio Botanical Garden Springtime. Need I say more?
- Medina River Natural Area Commune with Mother Nature on the South Side.
- The Witte Museum The South Texas Heritage Center is just one piece of this city gem that’s undergone a $100 million upgrade.
- Happy Hour at HemisFair Tower What’s not to like about a 360 degree view of the Alamo City while sipping adult beverages?
For even more ideas of fun things to do and see in San Antonio, visit Barnes & Noble, The Twig, Whole Foods, Half Price Books on 410 across from North Star Mall and on Broadway near downtown, San Antonio Museum of Art gift store, and Fiesta on Main to purchase “100 Things To Do in San Antonio Before You Die” by yours truly.